UK Kindle Users Forum
One Star Reviews - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Authors and Publishers (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: One Star Reviews (/thread-13247.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: One Star Reviews - Jonathan Hill - 26 Apr 2014 06:56 PM

Flipping heck, Dave! Well your health is most important, obviously, so hope you have recovered/are recovering well. As for the review, the good ones still outweigh it significantly and, as Mads indicates, your excellent run of sales is giving you more and more exposure, with which comes the inevitable pockets of criticism. Chin up Smile

RE: One Star Reviews - George Hamilton - 26 Apr 2014 07:58 PM

(26 Apr 2014 06:24 PM)Scribbler Wrote: Wrote:  It looks like it's open season on indie authors, particularly kuffers... we're all doomed. Shocked
A number of indies have apparently left Kboards because they feel once they have posted to various threads they are targeted with 1 star reviews. But they seem to be indies who are already selling in the 1000s.

RE: One Star Reviews - Kath Middleton - 26 Apr 2014 08:22 PM

(26 Apr 2014 03:13 PM)DavidHaynes71 Wrote: Wrote:  Ive been enjoying some uncharacteristic sales over the last month or so, and with the sales come the reviews.
I've had two new ones in the last day or so. Belters. Sad

1.0 out of 5 stars The only 'horror' was the awful story, 24 April 2014
By 
jot1973 - See all my reviews

Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: The Undertaker's Cabinet (Kindle Edition)
I didn't like this book at all. I found the story ridiculous and feel sorry I wasted 77p downloading it.

I'm on holiday in France at the moment and managed to get pneumonia on the first day. Several hundred Euros later and hallucinations on a hideous scale I wake up to find that and another equally good one. Can't even stomach a bottle of plonk des plonks to soften the blow.  What a week! 
Oh, look after yourself. Ill at home's bad. Ill away from home's horrid.

RE: One Star Reviews - Scribbler - 26 Apr 2014 10:24 PM

(26 Apr 2014 03:13 PM)DavidHaynes71 Wrote: Wrote:  I'm on holiday in France at the moment and managed to get pneumonia on the first day. Several hundred Euros later and hallucinations on a hideous scale I wake up to find that and another equally good one. Can't even stomach a bottle of plonk des plonks to soften the blow.  What a week!
I actually thought that this was part of the review! Get well soon, David.

RE: One Star Reviews - Jennie Lee - 27 Apr 2014 02:24 AM

Breathe easy and relax, Dave, and don't worry about someone's horrid opinion.
It's hard when you're down but try to stay focussed on the good reviews and sales ... and get well soon. 

Sleepy <--- That's you getting lots of rest.

RE: One Star Reviews - davidwailing - 27 Apr 2014 08:14 AM

Ouch! Take care of that pneumonia, Mr Macabre. We'll take care of the 1-star reviewer. [cracks knuckles]

RE: One Star Reviews - sujay - 27 Apr 2014 08:28 AM

Ooo, that sounds nasty David, hope you get better soon. Smile

RE: One Star Reviews - cecilia_writer - 27 Apr 2014 08:47 AM

Get well soon, David - how miserable to be ill on holiday. But sometimes it happens like that - when you relax the bugs attack.

RE: One Star Reviews - DavidHaynes - 27 Apr 2014 11:55 AM

Thanks everyone! 
You're spot on Cecilia. I've been running on stress and adrenaline for the last six months, something was bound to catch up with me.

RE: One Star Reviews - Kath Middleton - 27 Apr 2014 12:02 PM

How are you feeling now, lad?