UK Kindle Users Forum
One Star Reviews - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Authors and Publishers (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: One Star Reviews (/thread-13247.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: One Star Reviews - Scribbler - 12 Feb 2014 07:08 PM

Blimey, Purple Book thingy, that's a real stinker of a review, brave of you to post it here!

RE: One Star Reviews - Grace Elliot - 12 Feb 2014 08:37 PM

Ditto what Scribbler says! Harsh, Purple Book, very harsh. Now I wonder if the reviewer has ever put the hours in and written a book?
As the saying goes:
Critics are like eunuchs, all talk and no action.

RE: One Star Reviews - PurpleBookCo - 12 Feb 2014 09:03 PM

Yeah its pretty shocking that review, but honesty is the best policy!

RE: One Star Reviews - Grace Elliot - 12 Feb 2014 09:43 PM

(12 Feb 2014 09:03 PM)PurpleBookCo Wrote: Wrote:  Yeah its pretty shocking that review, but honesty is the best policy!
That's the trouble though - if it was honest or fair - that's one thing, but a lot of the time it's ignorance or worse - trolling. I think  most right minded people can read a book and find some positives, but those sorts of reviews are plain vindictive and nasty.

RE: One Star Reviews - Paula Jane - 13 Feb 2014 11:49 AM

I just wish more people that enjoyed a book would write a review, but the system seems to mostly attract those who don't like the story.

Maybe the emotion of 'hate' has a stronger motivational force than 'enjoy'.  Huh

RE: One Star Reviews - AKMichaels - 13 Feb 2014 02:50 PM

I had my first one star after my freebie promotion - the book is classed as a Fantasy Erotica Novella and the reviewer said it was short and too much sex, and not enough plot and you had to get second book to find out more about characters - Hmm, that was the point of it lol. I've read a fair few erotica in my time and usually a lot of sex is a given, I wouldn't be happy otherwise, that's the point of it but then that's only my view, everyone is different tho I think erotica is known for that! Being a part of this forum has made me realise something really important (well important to me) and that is - I love to write (no not that bit) and if even some folks like my work then that's ok with me, not everyone who reads it will love or even like it but if some do - then that's a rush! Skin thickened and toughened now so it didn't even bother me, well only a wee bit lol.

RE: One Star Reviews - Grace Elliot - 13 Feb 2014 09:14 PM

(13 Feb 2014 02:50 PM)AKMichaels Wrote: Wrote:  I had my first one star after my freebie promotion - the book is classed as a Fantasy Erotica Novella and the reviewer said it was short and too much sex, and not enough plot and you had to get second book to find out more about characters - Hmm, that was the point of it lol. I've read a fair few erotica in my time and usually a lot of sex is a given, I wouldn't be happy otherwise, that's the point of it but then that's only my view, everyone is different tho I think erotica is known for that! Being a part of this forum has made me realise something really important (well important to me) and that is - I love to write (no not that bit) and if even some folks like my work then that's ok with me, not everyone who reads it will love or even like it but if some do - then that's a rush! Skin thickened and toughened now so it didn't even bother me, well only a wee bit lol.
*Banging head against wall* - too much / not enough - guaranteed you're not going to please all the people all the time, but it would be nice if they'd 'read the question' first. The clue is in the genre 'erotica' for heavens sake. ARGH!
There's a possibility I'm more worked up about that review than you are....

RE: One Star Reviews - Matt5ki - 14 Feb 2014 12:53 PM

I had not enough plot in my Christmas short story. To be honest, a lot of people have mentioned it, but it was a small Christmas tie-in to my main novella. I suppose sometimes you do something as a little freebie & people don't realise there's not meant to be oceans of plot or twist. You can't exactly put "My short story lacks plot or much of a twist, I've mostly written it as a tie-in so don't expect a fantastic surprise ending or anything" Big Grin hehe

RE: One Star Reviews - Tim_A - 14 Feb 2014 02:01 PM

They'll be wanting multidimensional characters next! (even if there's barely room for a cup of tea, yet alone an entire second dimension...)

RE: One Star Reviews - AKMichaels - 14 Feb 2014 07:47 PM

(13 Feb 2014 09:14 PM)Grace Elliot Wrote: Wrote:  
(13 Feb 2014 02:50 PM)AKMichaels Wrote: Wrote:  I had my first one star after my freebie promotion - the book is classed as a Fantasy Erotica Novella and the reviewer said it was short and too much sex, and not enough plot and you had to get second book to find out more about characters - Hmm, that was the point of it lol. I've read a fair few erotica in my time and usually a lot of sex is a given, I wouldn't be happy otherwise, that's the point of it but then that's only my view, everyone is different tho I think erotica is known for that! Being a part of this forum has made me realise something really important (well important to me) and that is - I love to write (no not that bit) and if even some folks like my work then that's ok with me, not everyone who reads it will love or even like it but if some do - then that's a rush! Skin thickened and toughened now so it didn't even bother me, well only a wee bit lol.
*Banging head against wall* - too much / not enough - guaranteed you're not going to please all the people all the time, but it would be nice if they'd 'read the question' first. The clue is in the genre 'erotica' for heavens sake. ARGH!
There's a possibility I'm more worked up about that review than you are....
Oh Grace that's lovely, when I saw it I did something I never thought I would at a one star review - I laughed - out loud - and that's so not me! Oh well since that one I've had three 5* one 4* and one 3* so I'm happy.