UK Kindle Users Forum
One Star Reviews - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Authors and Publishers (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: One Star Reviews (/thread-13247.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: One Star Reviews - joo - 26 Aug 2013 02:02 PM

(26 Aug 2013 12:22 PM)Ray Kingfisher Wrote: Wrote:  Giving a 1* review to any book that's well-written grammar-wise, with no typos, and has some sort of plot/characterisation is pretty harsh.

I'm feeling particularly sensitive about this issue because Easy Money got its first (and hopefully last) 1* yesterday.
How dare they not like Easy Money ? Devil

I looked at their other reviews and they are the sort of person who believes they must do as Amazon says when they say "write a review"
I give you : Smile

[Image: 31AP6vN3CtL._SL110_.jpg]

French Supporters' Blue Cockerel Hat

4.0 out of 5 stars How can you reveiw a joke hat?, 30 April 2013

Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)

This review is from: French Supporters' Blue Cockerel Hat (Toy)
It is a synthetic material cross-eyed cockerel hat suitable for French rugby matches and little else. The concept of reveiwing the object is ludicrous.

RE: One Star Reviews - Ray Kingfisher - 26 Aug 2013 02:23 PM

Haha!

Thanks Joo, that's cheered me up. And that chicken looks like it's struggling to push the woman's head out.
All it needs is a speech balloon: Sqqqqwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(A genetically modified hen that requires an episiotomy - ouch! now there's an original idea for a comedy)

RE: One Star Reviews - Rosen Trevithick - 26 Aug 2013 02:24 PM

That's ludicrous. I want to know how the fabric feels, what sized head it fits, whether the customer's head felt warm and how it smells when rubbed against the nose.

RE: One Star Reviews - Scribbler - 26 Aug 2013 02:29 PM

If I don't get one of those hats for Christmas I'll be seriously disappointed. [attachment=2612]

RE: One Star Reviews - Grace Elliot - 26 Aug 2013 06:35 PM

Going through a spate of poor reviews at the moment and it's really stomach churning. I can take constructive criticism but this feels just plain vindicative...

RE: One Star Reviews - Rosen Trevithick - 26 Aug 2013 06:44 PM

(26 Aug 2013 06:35 PM)Grace Elliot Wrote: Wrote:  Going through a spate of poor reviews at the moment and it's really stomach churning. I can take constructive criticism but this feels just plain vindicative...
If it cheers you up, pick your favourite book - a book that you feel in indisputably brilliant - and read its one star reviews. It puts things in perspective.

RE: One Star Reviews - Ray Kingfisher - 26 Aug 2013 08:17 PM

(26 Aug 2013 06:44 PM)Rosen Trevithick Wrote: Wrote:  
(26 Aug 2013 06:35 PM)Grace Elliot Wrote: Wrote:  Going through a spate of poor reviews at the moment and it's really stomach churning. I can take constructive criticism but this feels just plain vindicative...
If it cheers you up, pick your favourite book - a book that you feel in indisputably brilliant - and read its one star reviews. It puts things in perspective.
Oh, you do that too?

RE: One Star Reviews - Rosen Trevithick - 26 Aug 2013 08:24 PM

(26 Aug 2013 08:17 PM)Ray Kingfisher Wrote: Wrote:  
(26 Aug 2013 06:44 PM)Rosen Trevithick Wrote: Wrote:  
Oh, you do that too?
Sometimes books that I love, sometimes classics that other people love. No matter how good or well-placed a book it, there's always somebody saying, 'I wish I could give it 0 stars'.

RE: One Star Reviews - Jennie Lee - 27 Aug 2013 05:33 AM

(26 Aug 2013 12:25 PM)Ignite Wrote: Wrote:  Many Amazon and Goodreads reviewers are the same people.  I put my reviews on both.  I'm no harsher in one place than I am in the other!

Oops - sorry.  I should have said, "Some Goodreads reviewers are harsher than Amazon ones."
I have many wonderful reviews on Goodreads.  Some bluddy harsh ones too! Confused

RE: One Star Reviews - George Hamilton - 28 Aug 2013 08:14 AM

I'd say whatever you do, try not to respond to those 1* Goodreads reviews. Read last week of a writer on KBoards who did that because her book hadn't yet been published, and it turned really nasty.