UK Kindle Users Forum
One Star Reviews - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Authors and Publishers (/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: One Star Reviews (/thread-13247.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

One Star Reviews - Mads Sorensen - 07 Apr 2013 10:20 AM

Just received this  morning. I believe it's a rite of passage. Trying to laugh and bear it. Not easy.

Absolutely ridiculous plot with equally ridiculous characters. So poorly written, I had to keep going back to see if I had missed a chapter. It was almost as if some chapters had been missed out of the book. Not worth opening.

The reviewer has written only one other, similar review.

RE: One Star Reviews - George Hamilton - 07 Apr 2013 10:39 AM

My one star rater didn't leave a review. I'm not sure if they had put it in words would have been better or worse. Just breathe deep and move on.

RE: One Star Reviews - nikihb - 07 Apr 2013 10:44 AM

He sounds like a very credible reviewer! NOT! I liked his wish list though..... 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pdp/profile/A25ARMESXX2U4U/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdp

RE: One Star Reviews - Kath Middleton - 07 Apr 2013 10:47 AM

Most potential readers will click on his 'other reviews' - and see what a waste of typescript he is. Anyway - he's wrong. He disagrees with me and that's my criterion! Wink

RE: One Star Reviews - Stu Ayris - 07 Apr 2013 11:04 AM

(07 Apr 2013 10:47 AM)Ignite Wrote: Wrote:  Most potential readers will click on his 'other reviews' - and see what a waste of typescript he is.  Anyway - he's wrong.  He disagrees with me and that's my criterion!  Wink

I've had several 2 star reviews in a row in the US for Tollesbury Time Forever all of whom say they couldn't finish it. Reviews of any sort are great though - just see them as opinions rather than a critique of your work. It's all good fun really!

RE: One Star Reviews - davidwailing - 07 Apr 2013 11:04 AM

Mads, welcome to the One Star Club! Plenty of us on KUF are proud to be members.

Looks like you've been the victim of a generic one-starrer. The sort of review that doesn't make any specific references to the book in question, and could apply to anything. These are the most annoying type because they've clearly been written because of sheer spite, rather than letting people know what he/she thought of your book. Ignore, wear your One-Star Club badge with pride, and move on!

RE: One Star Reviews - cecilia_writer - 07 Apr 2013 11:12 AM

I think my 'favourite' one-star review was the one (I may have mentioned it before here) that said 'Please don't write any more.'
This made me laugh but I've also had reviews that have taken a while to get over - but I think being able to get over them is something you just have to do - bad reviews are an occupational hazard for anyone who puts something creative out there.

RE: One Star Reviews - Rosen Trevithick - 07 Apr 2013 11:39 AM

Who wouldn't trust somebody whose aspirations involve owning a tumble drier catch?

RE: One Star Reviews - Stu Ayris - 07 Apr 2013 11:57 AM

(07 Apr 2013 11:39 AM)Rosen Trevithick Wrote: Wrote:  Who wouldn't trust somebody whose aspirations involve owning a tumble drier catch?

I think that's quite an endearing trait! ; )

RE: One Star Reviews - Dorte Hummelshoj - 07 Apr 2013 12:03 PM

Exactly what I thought, Rosen.

And the trend seems to be more five-star reviews and more one-star reviews. Amateur reviewers always love or hate a book, even though most books probably have good and bad sides.