UK Kindle Users Forum
Chrome Browser APK for Kindle Fire HD - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Kindle Fire Forums (/forum-68.html)
+--- Forum: Kindle Fire Apps and Software (/forum-123.html)
+---- Forum: Kindle Fire APKs (/forum-166.html)
+---- Thread: Chrome Browser APK for Kindle Fire HD (/thread-12690.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Chrome Browser APK for Kindle Fire HD - mostlyb9 - 12 Aug 2013 06:41 PM

(22 Feb 2013 01:46 PM)Lou Wrote: Wrote:  Here is the latest (8th March 2013) version of Chrome for Android which appears to be working well on Kindle Fire HD

To install this or any other APK file, please refer to our quick Kindle Fire APK installation guide.

[Image: chrome-android-apk-20130222-134908.jpg]

Login or Register to Download Chrome.apk
Sorry I am a newbie but the link for the latest chrome all does not work for me?

RE: Chrome Browser APK for Kindle Fire HD - zx81 - 12 Aug 2013 10:05 PM

Just been warned of problem with Chrome and access to stored passwords. In essence "Don't Store"

If you're using the Google Chrome browser I'm afraid I've got some bad news. A new security flaw in the browser means that I would advise you stop using it immediately.

The problem isn't a software bug as such, but a feature that is badly implemented.

You see, if anyone manages to get access to your computer - even for a second - they can see all of the website passwords that you have stored in Chrome.

That's because, when you type in the following link to the address bar of Chrome, it immediately shows all saved passwords without prompting for an encryption key:

chrome://settings/passwords

All the attacker needs to do is click on the password then click Show to view it in plain text.

Chrome also uses your Google account to synchronise these passwords between all your copies of Chrome. So, if you store your passwords on your desktop machine because you think no one is likely to get access to it, the passwords can still be transmitted to your laptop and fall into the wrong hands.

The ability of a web browser to store passwords is extremely useful. To be completely safe online, you need to set a different password for every website you visit, in case one website gets hacked then the others are still protected.

Keeping track of all these different passwords is a nightmare, so if your browser can do it for you securely, it's a big help.

But in the case of Chrome it isn't done securely, which is why I'm advising that you ditch this browser.

After all, if they've implemented this feature so badly, what's to say there aren't loads more security weaknesses just waiting to be discovered?

If it is impossible for you to switch to a different browser because some particular website only works in Chrome for example, then you should immediately turn the password saving feature off as follows:

1. Type chrome://settings/ into the address bar of the browser and press [Enter].
  2. Click on Show Advanced settings.
  3. Untick all of the options under Passwords and forms.
  4. Close the browser window

RE: Chrome Browser APK for Kindle Fire HD - amanda1 - 14 Aug 2013 05:04 PM

i've downloaded the chrome APK onto my computer but it's an acrobat file, god knows why & it won't open on my computer and won't download onto my kindle.... help !!

RE: Chrome Browser APK for Kindle Fire HD - Barry Achilles - 30 Apr 2015 01:14 PM

Hi, just tried this, 
The chrome icon is on my home page but it will not open. Any ideas. I am using a kindle fire hdx 4th generation