UK Kindle Users Forum
Can a Paperwhite owner help? - Printable Version

+- UK Kindle Users Forum (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum)
+-- Forum: Kindle E-Ink Forums (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Kindle Paperwhite (/forum-149.html)
+--- Thread: Can a Paperwhite owner help? (/thread-11162.html)

Can a Paperwhite owner help? - LexiRevellian - 15 Nov 2012 04:06 PM

I formatted my latest novel as I always do, and tested it out on the downloadable Amazon Previewer. Everything is fine, except the Paperwhite preview. The text won't change fonts or size.

I'd like to know if my book's formatting has a problem with the actual Paperwhite - if so, I'll need to re-format from scratch doing the html myself. I'd rather not do this if I don't have to...

So would a kindly Paperwhite owner download the sample here and tell me what it looks like?

Thanks!

RE: Can a Paperwhite owner help? - Lou - 15 Nov 2012 04:17 PM

Hi Lexi,

I downloaded the sample and I can change the font size, but the font is set at a sans-serif face and won't change not matter what I tell my Kindle Paperwhite to use.

I've seen this on a couple of books and it's a bit of a turn off for me as I find sans-serif tiresome when reading a book.

RE: Can a Paperwhite owner help? - LexiRevellian - 15 Nov 2012 04:24 PM

Thanks, Lou - that's as I feared. I'll need to reformat all my books using a new method. I've done a test which worked on the Previewer, but it'll be a steep learning curve for me.

There must be hundreds of thousands of ebooks like mine that will have this problem, including any formatted by the method KDP recommends, as it's done from a Word document.