|Simon Cheshire grew up in Warwickshire. He was always the quiet kid at the back of the class, and spent a lot of time staring out of the window. From a young age, he was a dedicated reader and would spend many hours absorbed in books, happily dreaming of faraway places, and completely ignoring his mother's cries of "Go out and get some fresh air, for heaven's sake!" |
His first book appeared in 1997, and since then his books have been published in many countries around the world, and in several languages. He writes in a tiny room that used to be a walk-in cupboard, but which is now crammed with books, pieces of paper and empty chocolate bar wrappers.
His hobbies include movies, repairing old computers and wishing he had more hobbies. He lives in Warwick with his wife and children, although he spends most of his time in a world of his own.
Some things you didn't know about Simon Cheshire
* He is allergic to animal hair, dust mites and the word 'incredible'.
* His favourite food is fish. Or possibly chocolate.
* He has no dress sense whatsoever, and usually goes around looking like a mobile rubbish tip.
* His favourite activity is reading late at night, when everyone else is asleep.
* He writes on a laptop computer running Linux, using LibreOffice to write his books, Weebly to maintain his website and PacMan to waste his time.
* He hates gardening, swimming and Christmas.
* He believes in the existence of extraterrestrials.
* When he was growing up, he wanted to be either an actor or a film director.
* He has travelled in China, India and Egypt and really, really wants to go to the Moon.